a tutored workshop for Ph.D. studentsAmantea, Italy, 27(-28) October 2014
if YOU are a Ph.D. student in information systems,
- interested in feedback on your research plans and research;
- unable to sufficiently exchange ideas, experiences, frustrations, hopes, … with peers;
- planning to improve your scientific communication and presentation skills;
- hoping to meet in real life authors whom you only know by their publications;
- needing to acquire paper reviewing expertise;
- eager to widen your horizon of professional interests;
- and looking for some fun moments during work.
You should submit to this year’s OTM Academy. It offers you
- a means to publish your paper in the well known Springer LNCS series;
- dedicated personal feedback and exclusive time of prominent professors, experienced researchers and experts in your field of research during the OTM Academy and afterwards;
- targeted suggestions how to improve your scientific writing and presentation skills by appropriate experts of the OTM Academy;
- a collaborative paper peer reviewing exercise under the guidance of the OTMA faculty;
- an international forum to present your research in a poster session in one of the OTM conferences;
- access to all OTM conferences and workshops at a reduced registration fee;
- a dedicated OTMA LinkedIn group as an international network building platform;
- a certificate of attendance describing the OTMA activities in detail, which could earn you some ECTS credits;
- a friendly and fun atmosphere (several OTM social events) to meet other Ph.D. students and researchers in a nice and sunny place close to many cultural heritage sites (Graz, Austria).
What to do ?
- coordinate your submission plans with your principal doctoral advisor
- take a look at the OTM Academy call for papers page or download the call for papers
- check if the topics match your research see Topics
- write your paper according to the instructions see Instructions
- follow the instructions to upload your abstract and paper see Submission
- upload a camera ready version and register see Style
- respect the deadlines and specific instructions see Dates
- participate in the review exercise see Review
- prepare your presentation see Paper
- prepare and bring along your poster see Poster
- meet and greet, listen and learn, ... and enjoy see you at the OTM Academy !
- and maybe bring along your and friends to the OTM Conferences
Also other (Ph.D.) students without an accepted submission to the OTM Academy are encouraged to register as participants as it proves to be fruitful for them to observe and interact with presenting authors like you, and expand the pool of ideas to be discussed.
Don't believe us. Instead, read about how your predecessors have experienced earlier OTM Academies !